Author Topic: Hi All  (Read 1763 times)

Offline Unclefrank

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
Hi All
« on: May 30, 2024, 09:23 PM »
Hi tried logging in the other day and low and behold it actually allowed me in, been a long time so just thought i would hi.

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
Re: Hi All
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2024, 10:12 AM »
Welcome back !
--
** Phil.

Offline Kashmiri Bob

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2024, 10:51 AM »
Indeed welcome back UF.  We are a bit thin on the ground here these days. 

Rob

Offline Unclefrank

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2024, 05:53 PM »
Thanks for welcome, bit thin on the ground but still has a hell of a lot of info compared to other media stuff.

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2024, 09:01 PM »
Unfortunately it also has a bad case of bit-rot, meaning that many of the older postings are more-or-less useless.  See, for example, https://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php?topic=5161.msg50355#msg50355
--
** Phil.

Offline Unclefrank

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2024, 09:47 PM »
If there are missing recipes just let me know i have nearly every recipe from this site all saved.

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2024, 11:48 AM »
That would be great, UF, but after all this time only Onions can updated the corrupted messages.  The one to which I sent the link is obviously corrupt, so if you have that archived and could send a copy to Onions he would be able to update the original.  Alternatively perhaps liaise with Yousef with a view to becoming a moderator, so that you can correct the corrupt messages yourself.  In the meantime, as soon as I spot more corrupt messages I will let you know.
--
** Phil.

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2024, 12:25 AM »
Uncle, I tried to email both you and Phil when I thought the forum had completely vanished recently due to expired domain.  I used last known emails so not sure if either of you received them.  Good to see you back.  A while back I had all sorts of issues trying to log in, as you may recall.

Phil, I often look back over old threads that pop up in a particular search or when trying to go back to something I know has been discussed previously.  There are a lot of holes in many threads.  I seriously doubt anyone's ability to identify, let alone recover the lost / truncated posts.  When the site was "gone" most recently, I successfully used The Wayback Machine to view some aspects of the forum I was trying to use though, which was a relief at the time I needed access.

Online Onions

• Elite Curry Master
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2024, 05:01 PM »
Hi tried logging in the other day and low and behold it actually allowed me in, been a long time so just thought i would hi.

Good to see you again UF, and thanks for sending those recipes over, unfortunately I couldn't send a message back.

©2024 Curry Recipes