Author Topic: Uncle Ron's Mutton Pattie and Basic Chicken Curry  (Read 493 times)

Offline Kashmiri Bob

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
Uncle Ron's Mutton Pattie and Basic Chicken Curry
« on: October 19, 2024, 09:35 AM »
Reckoned I'd been diddled.  However, when microwaved the pastry shrinks down and envelopes the filling, perfectly. Wasn't too bad.  Nice and stodgy.  Next time will stick a clove in the pastry.

Boring but delightful.  Home made.  Also ready to pop in the micro.

Rob  :umy:

Offline Robbo141

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Uncle Ron's Mutton Pattie and Basic Chicken Curry
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2024, 10:32 PM »
Your curry pics always look spot on. I made paneer from scratch last week - found some A2 milk at local supermarket. Turned out lovely and soft but when I made palak paneer with it, it was a bit on the soft side. I took pics but the upload thing wouldn’t work again so you’ll have to take my word for it.  Rik’s vindaloo tomorrow methinks and hopefully the upload thing will work.

Robbo

Offline Kashmiri Bob

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
Re: Uncle Ron's Mutton Pattie and Basic Chicken Curry
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2024, 09:05 PM »
Reckon there is a lot of mileage in Rik's base Robbo.  Early days, but from what I have seen so far, expect would need considerably more time/effort with a generic BIR base to get even marginal gains, if any.  It has quite a depth to it. Over browning of the onions, I have found, is a mistake.  As Rik states/implies in his video, they basically just need to sweat.

Yes, the basic curry looks quite good, I suppose. It is of course top notch  :smile:  Haven't made a thin curry for quite some time.

Rob     

©2024 Curry Recipes