Author Topic: Rik's Roast Onion Paste/Base  (Read 2533 times)

Offline Kashmiri Bob

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
Re: Rik's Roast Onion Paste/Base
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2024, 01:38 PM »
Seems to be a glitch posting photos.  My previous post includes an ImageHost link.  Nothing showed when I used Preview either.  Tried several times with different photos.  Is anyone else experiencing this?

Rob

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2024, 01:16 AM »
Seems to be a glitch posting photos.  My previous post includes an ImageHost link.  Nothing showed when I used Preview either.  Tried several times with different photos.  Is anyone else experiencing this?

Rob

My most recent attempt at posting photos (Attachments and other options) resulted in my pictures all being rotated 90'. I needed to remove them, go to a photo editor and modify them slightly by cropping, save them and then re-post.  I'd never experienced this problem before.  However, this was just before the recent site maintenance, so maybe your issue is related to the upgrade or whatever took the site offline for a few days recently.

Offline Kashmiri Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2024, 12:29 PM »
Still unable to post photos.  Frustrating.  I have a rather nice Lamb Jalfrezi made with Rik's base to show off.

Rob

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2024, 01:04 AM »
Is this what you're seeing KB?

"An Error Has Occurred!
The attachments upload directory is not writeable. Your attachment or avatar cannot be saved."

Offline Kashmiri Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2024, 08:34 AM »
Is this what you're seeing KB?

"An Error Has Occurred!
The attachments upload directory is not writeable. Your attachment or avatar cannot be saved."

No livo.  Nothing to indicate an error.  The forum's Image host seems happy and I see "file uploaded successfully".  I copy and paste the usual link into my post as normal, but no photo appears in Preview, or when I Post.  Just my text.  Very odd.  Could be as you say something to do with the recent down time.

Rob 

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2024, 11:02 PM »
That is the message I saw when I tried to add a photograph using the "Attachments and other options" function, directly below the text entry / edit box. I don't use the site's image host or links to post photos.  It seems that both methods are failing to operate.

Offline Kashmiri Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2024, 12:47 PM »
Does look like there is a problem with posting photos.  Made a third batch of Rik's yesterday.  Today I am making the King of Bases (MDB MKI).  Was looking forward to cluttering up this section with photos.  I will drop Onions a line. Can't have a Pictures of your Curry section without any photos.

Rob

©2024 Curry Recipes